Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Save the Date

My one & only sister will get married this July. As I type this, I break into a small smile.
She & her fiance did have quite a journey leading to the next step in their lives. They were schoolmates in high school. They didn't go to the same college, but they kept touch.
When they (finally) got together, no one was surprised coz they really had that vibe going for quite some time. Like most couples, they had their share of ups & downs. What I find inspiring about them is that they genuinely always wanted to work things out. They knew what issues to face & what to let go. I found them to be much more mature than most couples I knew.
Im glad my sister found someone who can take her odd moods. Someone who can peel her shrimps, since she has always been used to mom doing that for her, haha! Someone to drive her when she's tired from events. Someone who listens. Gawd! This is starting to sound like my speech for the reception!!! Hahaha!!! I am seriously afraid that I will be too emotional to even function on that day, hahaha!! From the first day of her life, I have been beside her. Been there for her come what may. So it'll be a very happy day for me to see her open the next chapter of her life :)
When I hear her make plans about moving out & finding a place for them to live in, I get excited for them! Well, I also will get the room next to mine! More closet space!!! Hahaha!
When we did their shoot for their pre-nup, it didn't feel like work. It felt like old times when we were kids and we were fooling around with the camera. We'd waste the film on the most mundane things. The oddest poses and the funniest faces! People expected me to be the one to cover her wedding. She won't have that! "I only get married once! You better enjoy!" haha! Well I do agree with that! Plus, in my last wedding coverage, I kinda died haha! Covering weddings is no joke!
I wish them a cool afternoon, starry skies, good food, complete attendance, lots of laughs & joyful tears on their wedding day! I'll certainly enjoy myself, I just hope I don't cry me a river!! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home