Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ligaw

Cobes & I were discussing how some of our suitors could be such sweetpeas when they start out. And that in time, they turn out to be greedy sons of bitches!!!

Take for example this guy I met in Cebu. He asked if he could court me and I said that I'm not really interested. Plus, I'll be back in Manila in 2 weeks. Still he insisted on going out. Since I didn't have a lot of people to hang out with, I thought of going out maybe once or twice with him. In time, I got to know him and realized that we don't jive at all. He was possessive, tempermental & we didn't see things the same way. At least I gave it a shot. So when the time came for me to tell him that I appreciate the time but I don't really see him as anything but a friend, he got all berserk!!!! Said a LOT of nasty things to me. I then told him that I was honest from the start that I was not interested. All i got was hostility. And that it was unfair to not give him a chance, etc, etc, etc.

I just realized that, sure, his ego was definitely bruised; but that was it eh. It was his ego that was ruling his quest.

These type guys court people saying "i'll make you happy" when its really "I'm the one that can make you happy" the focus is on the "I" not the "make YOU happy" part.

Cobes said these guys change temporarily. Saying "I did it for you". But are they also doing it for themselves? Coz the change should also come from him. If not, it would be temporary (and a stifling one at that!).

They consider getting you for a partner as an accomplishment, a trophy, a prize. And when they tire of you, you're shoved at the back of the shelf, along with the others.

Ligaw - "courtship"
Ligaw - "lost"

Ililigaw ka nga nila...

Too bad I already have a map of my own heart.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger david santos said...

Hello, Ronan!
Thanks for your work. Is very good.
I loved this blog.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Ronan said...

hi David! thanks for appreciating :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home