Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Antidisestablishmentarianism

With one of my two fave radio stations on retro music mode, I had to settle for the nonsensical babbling going on with the other. Good thing they slipped into a trivia game where a local celebrity would challenge one of the station's DJs. Losing would mean drinking a concoction of random food ingredients mixed in a blender ala-Fear Factor and, since both challengers were female, growing their armpit hair for a month (eew!) to be displayed on the website, hahahaha!

Now, I did pick up a few things listening to the whole episode, but guffawed most of the time coz there were a lot of stupid answers.

Question: If there was a kid, born 1990 & whose birth date was tomorrow; how old would he be today?
Answer was, of course, 15.
One of the girls answered "uhm... 23 or 24?"
Huh?

E=mc2
One of them answered "electricity equals mass times gravity squared!"
Gravity???? I can forgive Electricity, but Gravity?!?!

10That same day, unable to nap, I found myself watching the pre-season finale of America's Top Model Cycle 4. One of their challenges was to be a TV correspondent. Now what surprised me was that they couldn't pronounce certain words. "Issey Miyake" was one of them. I could let that go, remember, these are the average american women. "Au Revoir", Im not sure if I should be so kind as to overlook this. But the word "magenta"??!? I was appalled!!! Hahahahahaha!!!

Imagine if they had to say this word: "antidisestablishmentarianism" I looked this one up, its in the English Dictionary. Its a mouthful, but worth the tongue-twisting if you can easily pull it off the first try.

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wouldnt the kid born in 1990 be turning 16 now in 2006? ;) hehehe, ronz ha! math! ;p wehehehehe...

and which one is cycle 4 again? i dont remember that part u were talking about anymore cuz thay're about to start cycle 7 na here! imagine! oh! i can name all 6 winners of top model! :o) hahaha...

remember when i wanted to shave my head into a mohawk? that was cuz of naima! she was my fave of that season, doesnt she kinda look like jlo? :) and she has a twin sister!

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ronz said the kid should only be 15 kasi his bday is tom pa. gets? so 15 palang sha today :)

yeah naima is pretty cool... but in the finals, i was rooting for kahlen :) haha. i like her stamina.. and she really came out of her shell in that show.. as in from nothing to being one of the final 2!? whoa!

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, yah, ronz pointed that out to me too.. i blame my dyslexia! ;p hahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home